Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bummer, Man

Got an email from Admin that I was going to get a certificate for my 10 years at the lib. "Congratulations, Patricia!" continued the email.

Jeeze, I knew they didn't know who I was - or care. Jeeze, if it weren't so pathetic it would be funny, which it sort of is.

Am I a chump for sticking it out for ten years?

I worry now that I'll be old to do something else. Am I doomed to spend the next X number of years in this apartment, at that job, nearly penniless but with great medical benefits? That was the plan Pre-Surgery because I could eat chocolate. Now I can't and I cannot do this.

My flight to the reunion over Memorial Day week-end stops in Albuquerque. Maybe I'll get off on the way home and stay.

1 comment:

  1. wow, i didn't even get an email.. how silly of them... wow.. it is sort of funny and very stupid at the same time.. i'd stay in Albuquerque if I could..

    ReplyDelete