Sunday, May 15, 2011

MORE YOURSELF

A dear friend of mine had WLS last April. I saw a picture of her on Facebook yesterday her husband posted and my first impression is that she looks more herself. It was also the first thought I had when I saw her after the surgery. She had lost a lot of weight before hand and it's going very slowly now but still the outline of her face was more distinct. She's always been overweight since I've known her, but it's as though the extra pounds blurred not only her features, but herself.


So this morning I woke up and thought my strong dissatisfaction with my life, my determination to start writing again is all part of my becoming more myself. My own overweight blurred my course. It was what I realized when I knew I had to have the surgery or sit here watching crap TV and eating Mrs. Fields for the rest of my life.


I've always believed that my job as a human being is to become the best me I could be. I've fallen down on that task, way down, but now I'm struggling back.

No comments:

Post a Comment